Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The One with My LOST Best Friends/100 Days/Youth

Every Tuesday night this amazing group of people gather for this monumental occasion we call LOST. When I tell you how great this show is, there is no exaggeration! So once a week we head to Logan's to eat chip and dip and brownies and watch LOST on the big screen! It really is so much fun! I mean we're all pretty fun people any way :) put us together for a spectacular combination! We throw out theories, scream, laugh, cry (ok, so I'm the only one that has cried in season six but I can't help no one else has a heart!)
Mrs. Connie Ramsey(mealplanningwithconnie.blogspot.com) makes the most AMAZING dip, so this time I naturally headed straight toward the fresh-out-of-the-oven dip and realized it was steaming for a reason AFTER I had taken a bite. I yelled in distress over my burnt tongue.. However, my sweet "family" was more worried about if the show had started than my burnt mouth! May I reiterate the blowing-away-ability this show has.... Probably a had-to-be-there-moment but you can take my word for it, it was funny.
I look forward to these great Tuesday nights :) so refreshing. I'm so thankful that I get to call these wonderful people friends/family:






We celebrated "100 Days til Graduation" today in AP Calculus! Anything for a party right?? Unsurprisingly I forgot until about 11 the night before I was supposed to bring something.. Thank goodness for butcher block and cheap biscuits! While rushing in and out( seem to be doing a lot of that), the cashier asked me about school next year and then she said, "Well wherever you go, just keep God in the center of your life. If I knew then what I know now, I would have had a much better college experience." Once I got to my car, I thought, "Wow, how awesome is our God to send little reminders through strangers that He wants us to remember Him, keep our focus on Him.. Just something special I thought I would share. I quickly arrived at the school thinking it might be somewhat bittersweet, as most senior events are, I soon realized it was all sweet after gazing upon the red velvet cake, chocolate oatmeal cookies, and chocolate cake! I believe I'll be gaining the Senior Seventeen instead of the Freshmen Fifteen!

Tonight we had Youth Share, like every Wednesday, but it just keeps getting better! We're in the process of finding a new youth minister, but our pastor, Brother Ken, is doing an amazing job. My new friend Kasey is doing a great job with the music as well, so Wednesday nights are something to look forward to as well! It's so refreshing to be in there with good people who love you and Jesus. Hopefully starting a small group bible study soon!

2 comments: