Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The One with Love

So as much as a romantic as I am, this past weekend, while fighting through the masses at the local Wal Mart, I realized that Valentine's Day might be a little over-hyped. I mean when you can't get down an aisle.. something is wrong! But I do love getting cards for my loved ones so I fought the masses anyway... My sweet boyfriend got me a season of Friends and a trip to Memphis!(One of my favorite places :)) We ate at Jim N Nicks Barbecue... It should be named Jim N Nick Amazing Cornbread Biscuits. The barbecue was great, don't get me wrong, but very few breads can rival that cornbread.. I had three biscuits out of the three baskets that were brought to our table, Will ate the rest! Then we headed off to the guitar center (I reluctantly turned down TCBY because I was so full on biscuits!) He played guitar, and I played keyboard for about an hour... My next goal will be to play like Billy Joel.. He's a new favorite... Then we headed to the mall to check out his fellow Memphis Finishline (did I tell you my boy's an Assistant Manager?? He said I should brag to everyone about it.. Consider this my brag :)) There were so many sales going on that I wanted to buy something from every store! However, I found having no money to be an obstacle.. We did get a Great American Cookie before departing in the snow :) My sweet grandparents gave me a "M" for my dorm room next year and some "New Moon" candy :) My parents got me a season of Friends for V-day too! I now am the proud owner of seasons 1-7! Only three left!! Mom and I have already gone through one disc.. I'm so addicted. Also, our youth had a 'barn dance' for Valentine's Day on Sunday night. We actually got a "professional" line dancer to come teach us how! It was SO much fun! I felt like a true country girl :) It was a wonderful idea from our pastor, and everyone loved it! Great food, music, and dancing! Sunday morning I came across 1 John 4:19: " We love because He first loved us." Thought it was an amazing Valentine's verse.. Sometimes I get really busy and don't think about all that Jesus does for us and just how much He loves us. It's nice to have a reminder.. There wouldn't be a "day of love" if Jesus hadn't first loved us and saved us. So whether we have valentines or be celebrating "singles awareness day," we have a permanent Valentine in Jesus who will always love us. He shows his love for us everyday, not just once a year, but with every sunrise :) Just something nice to think about.





No comments:

Post a Comment