Friday, February 12, 2010

The One with the North Half Champions






So lately I have been consumed with soccer: It's my senior year, and Pontotoc made it to the state championship for the first time ever! It has been an amazing experience. My team is quick with the jokes but very close. These girls have meant more to me than I could ever say.. The five seniors had a pre-game tradition... we would watch a Disney movie before every game. Once we entered the playoffs though, it was all war movies! 1st round-The Patriot, 2nd round- Braveheart, North Half-Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (the "real person" one), State Championship-Gladiator... Can you say pumped up?? haha Playing soccer under Coach Pettit has been such a blessing. That was definitely God's way of teaching me many life lessons.. while having a great time. I'm pretty sure there is not a soul in the world like Marty Pettit, and I am definitely thankful for him :) While he has poked fun at every member of the team, he is the most amazing coach with inspiring speeches no one has heard since the Middle Ages.. "Tell everyone... hide the weak and prepare to perish.. the Warriors are coming to town" And I can't forget Otis.. our assistant, what a wonderful person... but also trying her hardest to pull "Coach Pettit jokes" :) Coach Thompson loves to laugh at and inspire ridiculing jokes from our head coach :)


No comments:

Post a Comment